When I was a child my parents sang a song from 1 Timothy to me. I only remember the one line, but it's been going through my head today. I couldn't find it in my Bible, but at www.biblegateway.com I can search through just about every English version of the Bible there is. (Check it out; I love it for my study times.) Sure enough, there it is in the King James: "For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I've committed unto Him against that day."
I've been thinking about that today as I'm getting ready to meet with a young lady from church. I'm not sure where she stands with the Lord and, worse, I'm not sure she does either. There is such comfort and hope in those words. I remember, too, that Paul (the older teacher) is writing to Timothy (the new, young pastor) to encourage him. Pray for me today as I meet with this lovely young woman. Pray that I could be a Paul to her Timothy, that God would speak words of encouragement to her, and pray that she would "know whom [she has] believed" and be persuaded of his faithfulness. For that knowledge I am so grateful!
I'm also grateful today for:
174. An encouraging parenting article (www.christianitytoday.com/ct/article_print.html?id=86292)
175. A new friend
176. Opportunities to grow
177. Ian sleeping so well
178. Finding and starting a quilt pattern for my New Year's Day resolution quilt
179. A fun aquarium craft with the kids
180. Checkbook balanced
181. Deep time in the Word after a long dry time
182. A great sermon at church. Again.
183. New phones (mixed blessing)
184. Dinner with church friends
185. Lettuce (I've been craving it!)