Monday, January 11, 2010

Back to Normal

Our house could scarcely be called "normal."  We're raising four children (more than the average), homeschooling (still a minority group), pastoring in a church where we're the youngest married couple there, Californians transplanted to New York.  The list could go on and on.  But we've created something of a routine for ourselves and finally after a wonderful holiday season, we're getting back into that routine.  And while some may dread routine, I thrive on it.  As a matter of fact, my particularly low periods in life are when I throw routine - and caution - to the wind and decide to be the spur-of-the-moment type of person I always wished I could be.  My mother is one of those people, so full of joy and spontaneity, and with her here I got caught up in the excitement and the possibilities.  We had a very sweet visit, don't mistake that at all (Mom), but I got out of my routine, including giving thanks.  I won't go into all the details.  Let's just say that it wasn't pretty.

So, with Mom on a plane back to California and a whole day of schooling under our belt, with alarm-clock-inspired wakings and chores done for the morning, we're getting back to normal.  And I'm giving thanks.

160.  A good cry
161.  Talking with my mom
162.  Anti-biotics
163.  Ian so cheerful even during his sickness
164.  Making our last car payment (I was so excited about this I wrote it down twice!)
165.  A fun day with the kids
166.  Ann Voskamp (aholyexperience.com)
167.  Sewing with my girls
168.  My understanding husband
169.  A too-full fridge
170.  Another friend expecting a baby!
171.  Running water/unfrozen pipes
172.  My brave husband
173.  A loan payment from the Air National Guard

Thank you, Lord, for your extravagantly NORMAL blessings!

holy experience

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

One Thousand Gifts

holy experience