Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Bit of a Fastball


So, for those of you who keep an eye on this blog, you might have noticed I didn't post on Monday. I meant to, I really did! This week I began helping to coach the "modified" (read Junior High) softball team for the local public school. The head coach is a member of our church and a friend and when I offered some assistance she said, "Sure. You've pitched before, right? You're the pitching coach. Oh, and get these girls in shape, too." So now I'm in charge of fitness and pitching! It's a fun challenge, but the biggest part of it all has been balancing all of my other responsibilities. I have realized that as much as I'm going to enjoy this season, I am NOT called to be a working mom! I miss my kids and yet I feel distanced from them by the time I get home. (I'm gone about two hours in the afternoon.) I don't feel like cooking dinner, doing dishes or laundry, or doing any of the other chores that I usually do in the evening. We'll get into a routine here, I'm not too concerned, but in the meantime I'm grateful for the lessons I'm learning: I'm a good teacher/coach, I prefer to teach/coach my own kids, I'm not called to work outside the home, and I understand a little more what Rob feels when he walks in the door at the end of the day. Perhaps I can show a bit more understanding, especially since he's taking over for me for those two hours I'm gone! Please continue to pray for me as I coach these 29 girls. They need so much guidance and I hope to show them as much of God as I can in the short time I have with them.

This week I am also grateful for:
297. Spray paint
298. Hard-boiled eggs
299. Homeschooling (Have I mentioned this one before? :) )
300. Facebook
301. Old friends
302. A sweet grace of dinner and an activity timing coming together
303. Sewing with Katie
304. Silence
305. Clean schoolroom (first time in months!)
306. Homemade pickles, applesauce, and yogurt
307. My own issues (as opposed to someone else's)
308. The family of the home where Ian was born coming to celebrate his 1st birthday
309. Feeling like the Love Dare doesn't have much for us to do!
310. First week of softball practice

holy experience

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

One Thousand Gifts

holy experience